We are very excited about all of these new features in our production firmware scheduled to be released at your router’s next update cycle:
- DNSthingy now supports authoritative entries, allowing you to use a name instead of IP for internal (or external) resources.
- Device discovery has been changed from ARP broadcasts to enrollment on “first-seen” basis from the perspective of receiving a DNS request.
- Unknown devices including queries from foreign subnets including internal vlans not locally-connected, are now treated with your default ruleset.
- A new utility is included to support future NVRAM migrations (on ASUS routers only).
- The feature to allow remote support has been improved (previously it required some additional manual steps which are no longer required).
- DNScrypt support is included in firmware, and will be introduced in the dashboard very soon.
- Many more bug fixes and stability improvements.
It is also worth noting that ClearOS marketplace subscribers will be updated automatically as long as you’re auto-updating/upgrading your ClearOS software. pfSense subscribers will need to visit your Packages section and confirm your update/upgrade.